Now that you know what Twitter is, its time to jump in and get your feet wet. You’ll be glad you did! So jump on over to Twitter.com to sign-up.
After you get registered here is how to get up and running. If you need any help along the way check out https://support.twitter.com
1.Set up your profile
The first thing you need to do is to set up that profile. See that bar on top of your twitter page? Click the gear icon and then choose Settings. Go to the Profile tab to start filling in your profile. The notable areas in here are URL, bio, picture and design. Put up a link to your site or blog in here along with a brief description.
2. Follow people with similar interests
Now that you have a profile, start following people. Here are 6 ways to find Twitter users that have the same interest as yours.
Here are a few to get you started:
3. Create relationships
I’ve created a list of people working on #learncamp who are also tweeting. If you’d like me to add you to it, let me know by sending a tweet to @Learn_Camp
4. Get into the conversation
Want to ask a question or share something cool with fellow Learn Campers? Tweet it and include the #LearnCamp hashtag. The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It is a simple way to categorize messages.
1. Create a twitter account and send a tweet to @Learn_Camp and let me know that you’re up and running
2. Click this share what we’re doign this week. Tweet: We’re learning about Twitter this week in #LearnCamp
3. Follow at least 5 people
4. Leave a comment on what your thoughts are about joining Twitter.
( If you’re looking for blogging ideas, why not capture your thoughts in a blog post? )